gravitypope is an independently owned boutique with an extensive array of carefully chosen, unique and handcrafted collections of footwear, clothing and accessories gathered from around the world. The first location opened in 1990 and after almost 30 years, we pride ourselves on being a respected world-renowned fashion retailer with street locations in Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver and Toronto as well as online gravitypope.com. Each location is visually unique with an apparent appreciation for art, furniture and interior aesthetic. The company has offices in both Edmonton and Vancouver and women hold over half the leadership roles. Gravitypope is an equal opportunity employer, where everyone has the chance to provide feedback and ideas across departments. Our people strive to push fashion norms and are passionate about design, quality, materials, and manufacturing processes. They are genuinely obsessed with our coveted range of products and as a result, able to offer personal and authentic service. We offer a variety of competitive benefits including medical coverage, internal contests and a generous employee discount. If this sounds like the type of culture you thrive in, we invite you to apply to join our diverse, tight-knit team of smart, creative and passionate people.
gravitypope is growing and is looking for the right individual to fill the key role of Assistant Store Manager. This role involves overseeing all aspects of daily operations within the Vancouver Shoe Store location.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Developing, maintaining, and growing a personal repeat client base
- Ensuring personal and store sales targets are met
- Creating employee sales goals and in-store incentives
- Weekly scheduling and payroll
- Demonstrating and encouraging exceptional customer service
- Monitoring the movement of stock
- Ensuring merchandising meets company standards
- Reconciling cash
- Supporting the sales team with day-to-day issues
- Other duties as required
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- Post secondary degree or diploma in a related field would be considered an asset
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in a retail environment
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in a managerial role
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with integrated retail and point of sales software platforms is an asset
- Familiarity with gravitypope’s product, clientele, and brand
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, as well as ensure a high quality of work completed within an acceptable timeframe
- High attention to detail
- Strong understanding of the retail industry
gravitypope offers a competitive wage, a comprehensive employer-subsidized benefits package, a generous employee discount package, as well as the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment characterized by continued growth and strong business results.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to Abbey Hopkins, Store Manager, via firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.