gravitypope is looking for the right individual to fill the full time role of Junior Ecommerce Photographer & Studio Assistant working out of our Vancouver Support Office. This position is responsible for operating and maintaining photography equipment for footwear and accessory imagery on gravitypope.com. The ideal candidate possesses technical photography knowledge and has a desire to work in the ecommerce fashion industry. This role supports the entire photography team to ensure deadlines are met while maintaining a clean and organized workspace. They assist on creative shoots with wardrobe and lighting. They are organized, energetic, positive and eager to learn about gravitypope’s expansive product selection while gaining experience working with photographers and creatives.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Operate photo machine to capture images of footwear and accessories for gravitypope.com
- Work closely with the Ecommerce team to ensure quality, seamless and timely upload of gravitypope products
- Maintain a clean and organized studio
- Prepare product for photoshoots (unpack, hang, steam, lace, button etc.)
- Assist with post shoot clean up and ensure product is promptly returned to stores
- Document brand, style, price and size information for featured product
- Assist with image post production, product uploads and descriptions
- Assist on creative and campaign shoots
- Help maintain workspace and office guidelines
- Flexible to occasionally assist on shoots outside of normal work hours.
- Other duties as required
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- 1 years + of experience in a relatable field
- Knowledge of photography and production equipment
- Completion of post-secondary degree/diploma/certificate in photography is an asset
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop and Bridge
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Shopify is an asset
- Excellent numerate and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, as well as ensure a high quality of work completed within an acceptable timeframe
- High attention to detail
- Interest in ecommerce fashion and trends
gravitypope offers a competitive wage, a comprehensive employer-subsidized benefits package, a generous employee discount package, as well as the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment characterized by continued growth and strong business results.
Interested candidates are invited to complete the application form and attach their resume.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
gravitypope wants all of their employees to be valued, appreciated and free to be who they are at work. We are committed to building a solid environment that supports inclusivity and diversity. This means we will not discriminate against anyone regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship or any other aspect which makes someone unique.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.