The origins of Carven stem from the year 1945 when Madame Carven launched her first collection of Haute Couture in Paris. In the 1960s the fashion house grew its international notoriety designing uniforms for the stewardesses of top airlines. Before retiring at the age of 84, Madame Carven had successfully brought French elegance to the rest of the world.
In 2009, designer Guillaume Henry joined the Fashion House as creative director and transformed a traditional French brand into a modern line of Ready-to-Wear. He perfected "the Carven silhoutte" of full skirts and fitted midlines while infusing contemporary contradictions for the woman who desires to be sweet as well as sexy. Today Carven is sold across five continents with its helm still located in the heart of Paris, maintaining the legacy of the Fashion House's Haute Couture days.