For four generations, the Audouin family has had an extensive tradition of crafting quality clogs. It began in 1890 with Emile Audouin, who would travel from farm to farm in the Mauges region of France hand carving clogs.
It was in the 1920's that his passion was transferred to his son, who took advantage of the new machinery that allowed the process to be brought into the studio he established in St. Remy, Mauges. In 1959, Joseph Audouin took on the company and abandoned the traditional process and began to create more fashionable styles consisting of leather uppers and classic wooden soles.
In 1988, Joel Audouin was given control after attending the AFPIC (an institute for professional training of shoemakers including the study of foot anatomy). He modernized the business while keeping the traditional processes established by his father.